Monday 6 April 2015

Escape to Create 2015 - Port Lincoln

What an amazing experience this was......I highly recommend it to anyone who ever has the opportunity.  And the best thing about it?
The magic that happened in that shed.
When 80 women gather together from all around Australia, all with an absolute passion for scrapbooking/papercrafting, all 'getting away' from their busy lives and commitments for 3 days.....all feeling so very grateful for the experience......well that's magic.
It's difficult for me to really explain what it was like.  But there was lots of joy, lots of connecting, lots of laughter, a few tears, and a whole lotta creativity.
Organisers, Meredith Treloar and Amanda Hall go above and beyond....they make each person feel so very special, their attention to detail in everything is amazing. Add in some pretty awesome teachers, unlimited scapping time, amazing food, cool goodie packs and class kits, and a whole bunch of like-minded souls and you have an unforgettable experience.
 
 

The sight of the shed when you walk in is breathtaking....I tell you it was highly emotional for me...


 
At night, the balloons would glow, and the shed would buzz with creativity. 
 
I will share all my class layouts pics soon and a few more pics soon, but for now I want to share with you some of the layouts I created whilst there in our free scrapping time. 
You see, it had been over 18 months since I had scrapped a layout!!!! I have been keeping up to my project life in this time, and absolutely loving it, but creating a layout on a 12x12 page had come to a very sudden halt. 
I was a little nervous that I may have forgotten how, but in that magic shed it was easy to be re-inspired and I'm excited to share that my joy for creating has come flooding back.  It's such a great feeling.  I created 14 layouts while there (5 were classes), and I have been continuing to scrap since coming home. Yay me!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 






 
 
 
 
 
 
I had an absolute blast at e2c and am so grateful to have rediscovered my love for scrapping!!  I look forward to sharing more soon.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment