Thursday 7 May 2015

Layout for National Scrap Day

Hi everyone,
I did a bit of playing over the weekend, inbetween netball trials, footy games and netball matches!

I really didn't have time, but my excuse to play was that it was National Scrapbook Day...AND the fact that I was BUSTING to get into my Deer and Fawn DT box! Thanks Debbie!!!
 Really...any excuse will do! LOL

The first thing I pulled out was a very awesome Donna Downey Stencil (I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT), some cool Micro-Beads by Finnabair in a gorgeous Copper colour and also a Prima Bloom Spray in a deep teal. I had been wanting to try out the Prima Sprays, so was pretty happy to get this in my hands! 

I started by smearing texture paste over the stencil to create the 'This is Love' feature. I didn't want to detract too much from this so decided to create my cluster around my photo in the top right corner.
I used the deep teal in my background, just spritzed onto the paper and also to colour the chipboard frame and a flower -  I love how it made everything matchy-matchy! And whilst the spritz was still wet I poured on some micro beads.  I loved this! I love how they only stayed in some areas - I love the randomness of it.
I did lots of layering with leftover paper strips, doilies and washi.  I found it easier to staple all these together.
Here's what the layout looks like:

Isn't that stencil AH-MAZING!!!  I can't wait to use it again.

Here's a few close-ups of the clusters - you have to see those Micro-Beads.....YUM!


I hope you enjoy this layout - it's amazing what you can do with only an hour or two up your sleeve!

I'll be back again soon
xx

Deer and Fawn products:

Washi
Gesso
Prima Color Bloom - Deep Teal
Donna Downey stencil
Finnabair Micro-beads
Bo Bunny Misc Me Journal Pack - Sweet Life
Heidi Swapp Vintage Word Jumble stickers
Doily
WOW Wood Veneer Arrow

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is fabulous creating! A quick scrap fix! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tam this LO is gorgeous!! I love everything about it!! 💙

    ReplyDelete