Wednesday 27 May 2015

I've been playing with scraps.....

So I decided to have a play with the scraps leftover from a recent Project Life spread I shared, using the Inspire Paper Pad that Debbie sent me to play with. The pastels are just so yummy.  Previously I did a layout combining them with a black base, and making them pop, which I loved, so I thought I'd have a go at using a white background and see what happens.

I spritzed the page with a few different spritz colours, all in pastels, and then added a few strips of paper, some gesso, a bit of stamping.......


 
I'm really happy with it.  I decided to add gold to complement the soft colours, and of course you'll see in there a doily and some book paper - becoming my signature! 
This layout is a personal one, explaining the story behind my One Little Word for this year......which you may have guessed is Brave.  Well done!  As the journaling is quite private, I created a little pocket that I will slip my thoughts/journaling into.
 
I hope you enjoy the page.  It was very therapeutic for me......
I love that scrapping is therapeutic for me in so many ways.....I get to be creative and play which comforts and calms my soul, and makes me forget all the crazy daily demands of my life, plus often my pages become filled with personal journaling.  I usually don't intend to start out that way, but there's something about the playing, the process, the calmness that comes over me that opens my inner thoughts. 
Yep I really must start a personal messy, visual journal!!!
 
 
Have a lovely rest of week! Hope there's some creative flow in there for you.
 
Deer and Fawn Products used:
 Project Life Inspire 6x6 Paper Pad
Bo Bunny Misc Me Sweet Life Journal Pack
Doily
Washi Tape
Dina Wakley Gesso
American Craft Dear Lizzy Serendipity Royal Thickers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot, Evergreen Bough
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Mint Green




2 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! Just goes to show not to throw out ant scraps! Love it, very affirming!

    ReplyDelete