Tuesday 1 September 2015

Scrap the Girls September Challenge Reveal!!

Hi everyone
The new September challenge is here for Scrap the Girls!!  This is my first month on the Design Team (yep insert happy dance) and I couldn't wait to have a go at their awesome sketch.


Isn't it gorgeous?!?!?
Here's my interpretation of the sketch.....

 
And here's a close up....
 
 
You'll notice that I used string and a few embellishments in place of the flowers.....I'm not a 'big' user of flowers.  I love them, but tend to use them minimally.  So this sketch was a perfect opportunity to change it up.....and put my spin on it. 
 
I really enjoyed doing the paint drips/splodges.  I created the 'string circle' by dipping string in mod podge, and then winding it around a champers bottle, to let dry.  The string then tends to keep it shape once dry and is much easier to add to your layouts. And it gives you the perfect opportunity to crack a bottle open (hehe). I'm happy with the bright colours in this layout - I think it pops against the black and white background paper.
 
Do yourself a favour and head on over to the Scrap the Girls Blog and check out the rest of the Design Team's interpretation of the challenge......believe me they will blow you away!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment