Friday 9 October 2015

Happy FriYAY!

Hello everyone.....I'm here to share a layout I created for Deer and Fawn Designs that celebrates a moment I've been wanting to capture for a while.  Don't you just love how scrapping helps you cement that memory into your brain.

As this layout celebrates my 'tween' daughter and her girlfriends, I chose to go with bright colours.  I teamed it with a grey background paper - the grey acts as a neutral, however, because it was quite 'busy' with words, I toned these down by swiping with gesso.  I then added a few splashes of watercolour and then layered up with my patterned papers.  I added pops of black to ground the layout and of course I added in the most important part....the journaling.

 
 
 
 
Besides the 'playing', journaling is my favourite part of scrapping.  I love words.  I love stories.  I love how words sound together and create a story.  I love telling the everyday stories of our lives.....the ones that aren't that important to others, but are so important to us.  The ones that make us who we are, that make us a family, that define us.  The everyday details that really matter.
 
Journaling is how I begin and end every layout. If I don't have the story in mind that I want to tell, then the rest just doesn't happen.  I get stuck. I end up shuffling, procrastinating.  However, if I start with the story, the rest just flows, the process continues.
 
So as I scrap, the story rolls around in my mind.  I relive the memories, and I often process/organise my thoughts and feelings around the story.  It's like therapy.  It re-focuses my mind on the important stuff in life, it let's the rest of the 'stuff' falls away.
The final thing I do is put pen to paper. I let the words/thoughts that have been swirling around become real. 
I love that my pages contain my stories.  They are my truths.
 
So next time you scrap, don't forget to pick up a pen.
 
See you soon!
 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout! Love the pops of bright Colors! And I need to journal more too!

    ReplyDelete