Friday 1 January 2016

Scrap The Girls - first challenge for 2016!!

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year!!
I truly hope this year brings you so many of the good things you want.  I'm looking forward to a busy year, hopefully filled with a few new adventures and a lot of magic! (I'll explain later)

As it's the first of January, that means a new challenge over on Scrap the Girls!!! Yay!!

This month all the designers were sent a little package of goodies from Darkroom Door! How cool is that??  Free goodies to play with! And the only other instruction?  Free for all! Go for it! Wow.....well that is right up my alley!

When I saw the goodies....the first thing that grabbed me were the film strips and black and white photos - especially the dandelion pic.  The next thing to pop into my head was 'making a wish', and with that I was off!

I created a layout of my 40th birthday wish......a bit of a personal page for me.  You see my mum was in palliative care and she ended up passing away a week after my 40th birthday.  I know she hung in there for me, because every time she opened her eyes, she would ask a nurse if it was Thursday yet?  So I spent my 40th birthday and most of the days around this, with her in hospital - it was a difficult yet special time, and I really wanted to document this. 


I remember wishing so often that she could find peace.

 
 
And guess what?! Darkroom Door are giving away a prize pack this month at Scrap the Girls. The challenge this month  is a free for all!  So go for it!  If you get stuck and need a little help there is a sketch on the blog. I've popped the link just above so you can check it out. I hope you can play along this month.....what a great way to start the year!

Will you create something therapeutic and emotional like I did or will you go fun and crazy??

I can't wait to see what you all do.  Don't forget to pop on over to Scrap the Girls to see all the other designers amazing layouts.

Scrap you later
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment