Friday 15 January 2016

True Friendship
Designing for All About Scrapbooks

Hi everyone
Hope you have had a great start to 2016!
 
Today I'm sharing my latest design for All About Scrapbooks -
a layout about one of our other fur-babies.
Last week I shared an emotional layout about saying goodbye to one of our pets. 
It reminded me that I needed to scrap one of our other cats, and the special relationship she has with my son.
 
So this is about Mia.
Mia came to be in our lives about 4 years ago.
The home where she was living, could no longer give her the care she needed. So as I'm a bit of a sucker, I took her in.
She is now over 16 years old.  When we took her in, she was quite feisty (as many cats are) and not a real cuddly girl.  Well very quickly she bonded with my son.  She sleeps on his bed, and although she gives us all a nip every so often, she has only love for my son.
She has become a real loved and special part of our family.
 
 
 
I had a lot of fun with this layout, and took inspiration from the colours in the photo - the blue of my son's shirt, and the black of Mia!
 
I scraped some paint directly onto the page, as well as spritzing some ink spray, and flicking lots of black paint. 
It got pretty messy!
 
 
 
I then added a few strips of paper, some paper frames, and some 2 Crafty Chipboard - I really love those circle clumps - aka Dotty Bits.
Overall it's a bright, happy and messy page. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment