Friday 12 February 2016

Fri-YAY!

Hi Everyone

Well its FriYay, so it's my turn to share my latest creation for All About Scrapbooks.  I still get giddy, excited when my DT Pack arrived from them each month, and have to pinch myself. They are an amazing online store who get the latest in all my favourite scrappy brands in!!
 
This time I've played around with some watercolours and some Basic Grey B Side
I love the effect of watercolours. And the best bit - it's so simple, and so forgiving. 
 
I started with my photo.  It was a selphie taken of us and friends on a recent weekend away.  It was a bit of a challenge to fit all 10 of us in (no selfie stick)! and also a challenge to scrap, as there were so many colours!! So I printed it in black and white.  I really wanted to capture the fun, craziness of the moment so I went with a few bright colours and fun sayings, teamed with black and white.
 
 
It's important to remember when using your watercolours to apply a coat of transparent/clear gesso  to your cardstock first.  This creates a resist and allows your watercolour to sit 'on top' of the page, rather than soak in.  It makes a HUGE difference!!
 
I used my Prima Watercolor Pencils by applying a lot of water onto a small paint brush and then rubbing this onto the lead or 'color' of the pencil.  I then randomly applied this onto the page by both painting it on in 'blobs' and by flicking it on. 
 Lots of water is required for both of these techniques!  It really is a wonderful technique - just have fun with it, and go for it.  With this page, I felt like I had gone a bit crazy and added too much watercolour, but once I added my papers and photos, I actually decided to add a bit more. 
 
Once my page was completely dry I added lots of frames and paper scraps and Basic Grey die cuts.  I also used a lot of word stickers.  I love that they help create that 'fun' element.
 
 
I finished it off with some 2Crafty Chipboard. Man I love those triangles!!
I covered them in various scrap papers, and added in some hand drawn stitches and some hand-drawn triangles.
 
 
This was so fun to create, and I love that it has captured a happy fun moment in time!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment