Friday 19 February 2016

Summer Lovin'

Hi everyone
 
Well it's Friday which means it's my turn to share my latest creation at All About Scrapbooks.
 
This one was taken on a recent family holiday to the beach. We had a ball.....we got lucky with the weather and were on the beach every single day. Bliss.
 
I snapped this selphie with my guy, and wanted to document how nice it was to spend a whole week together, as a family. Without the pressures of work, distance, and all the other commitments, and frustrations.  Perfection!
 
 
As soon as I saw this background sheet of soft creamy woodgrain by Cocoa Vanilla, I knew I HAD to use it.  It's just beautiful.  
 
 I added some spritz, and then tore and adhered lots of little strips of various papers. 
 I LOVE using leftovers, and this technique is a great way to used up little bits of papers from  previous projects.  I try not to think too much at this stage, just stick them down randomly, with some overlapping. 
 
I then added some random stamping around the edges of the paper.  This helps bring it all together.
 
I then adhered my photo with foam tape and added a few finishing touches (2 Crafty chipboard arrows and title, journaling, word stickers, and some final flicks of black paint).
 
 
This technique is something I do often - different colour combos look totally different. 
As I said it's a great way to use up scraps! 
 
I kept my colour scheme to teal, black, cream and kraft, as they have a real beachy feel to them - and they look pretty great together.
 
Why don't you give it a try?

Everything I've used is available from my favourite online store.... All About Scrapbooks HERE
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment