Friday 13 May 2016

Everyday is an Adventure - Designing for All About Scrapbooks

Hi everyone, well what a week that was!
 
Today, after a mental week, I'm sharing a recent layout created for All About Scrapbooks using My Minds Eye 'My Story' Range.
I adore this range, and have created a couple of layouts with it, but still had lots left, so decided to keep playing......
And yep, there's nothing like some scrappiness and creative time to make me feel calm.....
 
 
This layout is about my One Little Word for 2016, inspired by the amazing Ali Edwards. Every year I select a word to focus on, to inspire me throughout the year. Last year it was 'Brave', and this was the perfect word for me. It was a wonderful fit, and really allowed me to grow and find my inner confidence.  I will continue to carry this word with me always. This year, however,  my word has felt different.  This year my word found me - it kept appearing, so I decided to listen.
However, for a lot of personal reasons, and due to huge uncertainty, I have really struggled to embrace the word.  This layout is about that story, and how, going forward, this is changing.
 
I created a simple watercolour background, and then added a strip of paper.
I added some layers of paper, and then went crazy hand cutting from all the papers.
I hand cut some gorgeous flowers from the beautiful floral paper. 
I attached my photo, and added a few cut out butterflies and arrows. 
Even my title was cut out from paper.
 
 
I used foam tape inbetween the layers of these, to create some depth.
Finally,  I finished it off with a few of the Enamel Shapes. 
Love these!!!
 
This range is truly beautiful, one of my absolute favourites that I've had the pleasure of working with.
There's still plenty left in store. 
Go HERE to have a look!

I also used the leftovers to create a weekly spread for Project Life. 
I cut all my paper scraps to 6x4 and 3x4 to suit my pockets.
Here's the week:
 
 
 Here's the left side:
 
 
And here's the right:
 
 
This week was a busy one, with my girl and I going on an adventure together. 
Because of this I had lots of extra photos, so I added in an extra page.
The pocket is from the Simple Stories range.
Here's the front:
 
 
And the back:
 
 
And here's how it looks sitting on the weekly spread:
 
 
 
I love how it's a different size to the rest - it creates real interest and a point of difference within my weekly layouts.
 
Well after a long post, that's it from me.......
Have a lovely weekend
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment