Friday 28 October 2016

I am enough.....

Happy Friday!!!!
 
This week for All About Scrapbooks I again had a play with Cocoa Vanilla's Love Always Collection.
Such a stunning range.
This is my third layout using this range.
 
The die cut ephemera pack has so many lovely flowers in it.
I especially love the silhouette style ones. 
Gorgeous!
 
 
I began by adding gesso to my cardstock, and then adding some acrylic paint.
I wanted to create an ombre effect, so I did this by just adding a bit more white to my paint, as I moved across the page.
 
 I love the greens and corals in this range, so they are the colours I focused on.
 
I added some flicks of coral paint, and then began to layer up  a few strips of patterned paper.
I added the flowers on top of these strips, using foam tape for some to create extra dimension.
 
I then simply added my title to the left hand side and my journaling to the right hand side.
 
 
I love journaling on my layouts. 
Giving a voice to your beautiful pieces of art that you spent hours on is so important.
When I journal on my layouts, I tend to just write from the heart. 
I don't do a rough draught, I just let the words flow.
For me, I think that is the key - don't overthink it, just let the words fall onto the page.
It's very therapeutic.
 
I'll be back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment