Thursday 15 December 2016

December Daily Day 7

Hi everyone

I'm back with Day 7 of my December Daily.

I've used no photos for this one.  It's a story about peace.  Day 7 was one of those tough days. 
A day where I needed peace.  I needed calm as I was feeling all my emotions at once.  Overwhelming.  Real.
It is what it is.
After all it's about my stories.


I added one of my favourite quotes and a die cut dove as it symbolises peace.


I cut out the word peace from white card on my Cricut machine. Gosh I haven't used this tool in years!  I then embossed it using my Cuttlebug and adhered the letters to some clear acetate.


Lots of journaling on this one.  Very therapeutic.

I'm really enjoying the journaling part of this project.
It's something I'm passionate about. Words. Stories. Reality.


I've always journalled on my scrapbook layouts.  There's not many layouts of mine with just a title.  If you do find one with no journaling, it's usually hidden somewhere - behind a photo, in a pocket - it's usually there somewhere.
Occasionally I have created a page specifically for a class  and I have left off the journaling as sometimes this seemed to scare people away.

Well I'm glad I shared this story....it's not something I am used to putting out there, but it is all part of the healing process.

I'll be back very soon with Day 8.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment