Friday 9 December 2016

Little Brooksie....

 Good morning.
 
This week's layout for All About Scrapbooks is a baby boy themed one.
It's about my little nephew who just turned 1....little Brooksie. 
He is just the cutest!
 
I wanted to go non-traditional with my colour palette......
 
 
So I began with a black background.
I added some swipes and flicks of gesso, and then hunted through the
NEW gorgeous Bella Boulevard ranges. 
From here I selected green, yellow, black and white as my colours.
 
 
With these colours in mind I explored my bits and pieces from Oh my Stars, Illustrated Faith and Alex, and found lots of co-ordinating bits and pieces.
 
Deciding on the colours first made it so much quicker as I had a focus.  I wasn't distracted by all the other cool bits and pieces.....if those colours weren't there I ignored them!
It was a bit like following a mood board.
 
I layered up a few bits and pieces, concentrating on just the top right corner and bottom left corner.
I didn't want to add too many bits and pieces, as the photos were just so cute and I didn't want them to get lost in all the 'stuff'.
 
 
I finished off with a 2Crafty title, and that was it!
 
I really like the colours for a baby. 
I think it pops right off the page!
 
I'll be back again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment