Wednesday 12 April 2017

My first April share for 2Crafty Chipboard - Video Tutorial!!

Seriously?!?
It's April?
 
When and how did that happen??
 
So that means its time to share my first layout designed for 2Crafty Chipboard this month.
 
It's titled

"Living the Dream"


 
Yep lots of colour!!!
 
 
 
This photo was taken on our recent family trip to the USA, specifically in Houston. 
Oh how I loved this wall!!
I knew I had to scrap it, but I wasn't sure how to capture the colour and grunginess of it.
So I decided to start with bright paint and go from there......
 
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard on this layout:
 
"Circle Frames"
"Stars"
"ATC Tiny Hearts and Stars"
"Chevron Bits"
"Living the dream title"

 
 
I painted the "Living the Dream" title black. 
 
 
 
 
I also painted some of the "Stars" black too, plus a few of the gorgeous little stars in the
 "ATC Tiny Hearts and Stars".
 
Some of these starts I then applied Glossy Accents to give them a resin like finish.
 
 
 
As I was working with a lot of bright colour, I wanted to add quite a bit of black to my layout.
This gave it a 'grungy' feel rather than a rainbow feel, and also really grounded the page.
 
I painted some of the "Circle Frames" in a lime and vibrant blue.
 
 
 
To grunge these up a little, I added some random stamping with black ink.
 
 
 
I painted some of the "Chevron Bits" in orange, and then added some black ink to keep with the grunge feel.
 
 
 
I've also created a VIDEO TUTORIAL of this page so you can watch how my layout
came together.....
 
 
 
You will see I changed my mind on colours as I went!
 
It really shows that I start with a plan, but it always changes along the way.
 
 I'm still very new to this Video Tutorial business, so I hope you take the time to watch it, and I hope you enjoy it.
 
I'll be back again real soon.
 
Love Tam
xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment