Thursday 15 June 2017

My second 2Crafty Chipboard share for June

My next creation for 2Crafty Chipboard is totally different to my previous one.
 
I've gone grungy and rustic.
 
It's titled:
 
"Adventure awaits"
 
 
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
 
"Chevron Bits"
"Steampunk Medium Gears"
"Steampunk Small Gears"
"Chain lengths"
"Adventure loopy title"
"Chained Circle Frames"
"Assorted Arrows"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I grunged up the background paper by adding some stamping in black ink, and also some flicks and blobs of spritz.
 
I also added some random strips of paper, to which I applied gesso.
 
 
As I wanted some of the chipboard to look like rusty metal, I applied Finnabair's Rust Effect Paste.
 
I was thrilled with how it came out.  So simple.
 
The rust comes in 3 colours - Red Rust, Brown Rust and Gold Rust.
 
I got these on a recent retail therapy trip to the fabulous shop Scrap Matrix.
 
I just rubbed it over the chipboard quite randomly.
 
 
I did this for the 'Steampunk Small Gears' and 'Steampunk Medium Gears'
 
 
and also for the 'Chained Circle Frames' and the 'Chain Lengths'.
 
 
 
I painted a few 'Assorted Arrows' and 'Chevron Bits' in black, and also added black paint to my title 'Adventure loopy font'.
 
 
I then added some extra embellishments - quotes, metal bits and flicks of paint.
 
 
I really enjoyed doing a grungy layout.
 
 It's been a long time as I get so distracted by COLOUR!
 
This layout really reminded me to step out of my comfort zone and try something a little different.
 
I hope you do too!!
 
Much love
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment