Friday 18 August 2017

Epic Project Life USA Trip Part 4

Hi everyone!

Welcome to Part 4 of me sharing my documentation of our recent trip to the USA. 

If you missed any of the previous posts you can fine Part 1 HERE, Part 2 HERE and Part 3 HERE.

I've been doing them in stages as not only was the creation of the project massive, but photographing and blog posting are too!!

So....on with the sharing.

This first spread is about a few days spend with Aunty Ebony and family and all the amazing things we did with them - pumpkin carving, natural indigo dyeing, a train trip into downtown Houston, some Geocaching, visit to the Museum of Natural Science and Houston's Art Museum, some lovely walks and lots of connecting.....


Here's a look at the left side:


So much glare from the plastic, so here's another angle...


And the right side:

 
Sorry about the glare
 
 
I added in an extra page.  I love the different sizes, and how this creates extra interest when flipping through the album.


I added lots of extra photos using my trick with washi tape to  create a hinge so I can add in journaling and photos without taking up extra pockets.


The back side of this extra page contains a pocket to hold tickets.


I use these little washi hinged lift ups all the time.





The next spread is all about our sporting experiences. 

We were so lucky to get to an NBA game and an NFL game......so iconic of America, and such amazing experiences.  We even got to experience 'tailgating' before the football game.  Soooo good.

 
So I went with the colours of the teams.
 
Here's the left side:
 
 
 Sorry this is a little blurry.
 
This angle is a little clearer - not as much glare from the plastic sleeves.
 
 
And the right side:
 

 Again this is a better angle to reduce the glare.


Such amazing experiences!!  Both games were so close. So much excitement. 
 
I'm so thrilled I have documented these memories.
 
I again included a smaller page insert allowing me to add more photos.
 
 
 I also added some of my washi hinged 'lift ups' to allow even more photos and journaling.
 
 
This shows  the back of the insert.
 
 
 I added an envelope to hold my tickets to the games.
 
Yep just a regular stationary envelope - I punched holes down the side and added it directly in.
 
 
I embellished the front with a pocket to hold our basketball tickets and I put the tickets to the football inside the envelope.
 
 
Love that you can take them out and look at them.
 
 
 More washi hinged 'lift ups'.
 
 
So that's it for this round....I'll be back with more to share soon!!
 
Hope you are enjoying these posts.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment