Sunday 19 November 2017

7Dots creating for Scrap Matrix Challenge using Hazy Days

 
I've popped in today to share step by steps of my layout for Scrap Matrix using the 7Dots Studio range Hazy Days.

This month the challenge over at Scrap Matrix Shares is to create using 7Dots.

 

There is so much 7Dots goodness at Scrap Matrix, so get creating and upload your creation to Scrap Matrix Shares to win a store voucher!
You have until the 14th December to enter, and don't forget to let us know in the comments section what 7Dots products you used on your creation.

Here's what I created with some of the Hazy Days Collection:


Yep, my usual bright style!!



Last time I created a more grungy page in earthy tones using this range, so this time I wanted to be different, so colour it is!

I began by coating background paper in clear gesso.

This gives all the paint and mediums something to sit upon, rather than soak into the paper.


I then got out my Prima Watercolours in Tropical, and began adding colours to the background, ensuring there was plenty of water to make the paint run a little.


I kept adding colour until I had a bit of a mess!!



At this point, I got so involved in the process that I forgot to take photos!!

Whoops.  I'll add what I can.

I didn't like the look of the bronze coloured flowers with the rainbow colours, so I changed them up!!
I simply added white gesso and then sprayed with my favourite Dylusions Ink Spray - Polished Jade.


I added a few tags and layers behind my photos, and added cardboard under these to give them height.


I then began to add lots of metal flowers to my background sheet, I glued them on top of the colours.
This is the part I forgot to get photos of. Whoops!

I then painted them in white gesso, and then added colour to some of them (I left a few white), using the Prima Watercolours.

I also added in some white paper flowers that I sprayed with Dylusions Ink Spray, to get strong, vibrant colours.


I also added in some German Scrap, and some smaller flowers which I also coloured myself.
I wanted my flowers to look like they were cascading down the page.

I LOVE that about white flowers - change them to suit your layout.

I added stamping  using the Hazy Days Stamp Set.  I adore those paint flick stamps!!!!

I then added some of the 13 Arts Dried Roots in black - I poked it in and around the flowers.


I then added some word stickers 


When I stood back and looked at my layout, I felt the large flowers which I had coloured with Polished Jade Ink Spray looked like they needed something extra, so I cut down a trim and added these to the centres.


Finally, my journaling.
 
 
 
 

Here's a few more close-ups of the layout, showing the flower details.






So that's it from me....

I can't wait to see your creations this month using all things 7Dots.

 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 
Liquitex Clear Gesso
Prima Finnabair Sunrise/Sunset Flowers
Large White Roses
Bling trim
 

No comments:

Post a Comment