Friday 1 December 2017

December Scrap the Girls Challenge

Tell me how it's possible that it is December 1st???

Wasn't Christmas only a couple of months ago?

Wow, it always feels fast but this year it seems to have whizzed by at a ridiculous speed (yep a clear sign that I am getting old!)  Remember being a child? and waiting and waiting for what seemed like forever for Christmas, and hearing old people complain of how quick it went, and thinking 'No way', time goes so slowly.  And now here I am. Yep. Old.

Well I've digressed, back to showing you what I've created for the awesome challenge over at Scrap the Girls.

I always fear December - don't get me wrong its my absolute favourite time of year.  I love the planning, the shopping, the decorations, the family time, the countdown, the carols - all things Christmasy, but I'm not a huge scrapper of Christmas.  I tend to document it in my Project Life rather than in my layouts.
I think it's the colour schemes of the photos that challenge me, and I much prefer to scrap in a therapeutic way - rather than just capturing a moment, I love to journal and tell a real everyday life story.
So......I checked out this month's challenge with trepidation.....

 
but I really shouldn't have....check it out!!  No red and green in sight and I adore the inclusion of the black and all the textures.  YES!!!
 
So here's what I created:
 
 
This layout celebrates my beautiful girl cousins who I adore (always have, always will). We always catch up at Christmas time.


I took inspiration from the trees by adding in a cool 2Crafty Chipboard one and also cutting my own out of papers. 


There's lots of layers behind my photo which reflects all the textures in the moodboard.


Beautiful girls. And can you tell which one married in to the family! I'll give you one guess!
Yep pretty strong genes there!


This month D-lish Scraps is our sponsor.  This is a great little online store with lots of exclusive scrappy items. 
I love checking out the Designers creations - loads of talent over there.


Don't forget to go check out the rest of the Designer's creations.  They always have a little magic about them.
Then get scrapping your Christmas memories using this awesome colour palette, and link your entries to our blog or to our facebook page.
Don't forget to make sure it's all about the GIRLS!! No boys allowed. Love it

See you again soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment