Friday 27 April 2018

Sharing my latest addiction....Round 1

Hi there crafty souls...

Today I thought I'd share with you my newest ADDICTION......Art Journalling!

Yep ok ok I'm a slow starter......I know, I know it's been a big thing for a while, but up until now I've made every excuse NOT to have a go (besides a few face sketches), plus between Project Life and my Design Team commitments, I knew that adding in another obsession would be a recipe for chaos.

BUT then three things happened.......
First I got some new goodies from Scrap Matrix, my favourite place to buy mixed media supplies, and I just wanted to try them out.......I wasn't organised enough to create a layout, but I wanted to PLAY.
Secondly, I've always drooled over the gorgeous Art Journal classes at Scrap Matrix and told myself "if only I lived closer.....I'd so do that". Sigh.
Thirdly, the amazing Lisa Oxley (I adore her style - she's a big fan of COLOUR like me) was participating in the #100daychallenge and her art journaling was popping up on my instagram and facebook feed, and it was making me so itchy to give this a go.......
....So I dug out my small Dylusions Art Journal, that I'd been hoarding and just decided to go for it.

For my first play I burst open some Tracy Scott Paints (I also love her!!). The colours are just amazing!!


I also used a 13Arts xoxo Stencil and a 7Dots Dreamscapes Geometry Stencil.
I just love those colours together. 

I decided to add a quote to each page. I'm a big fan of quotes, and just know when I'm in a bit of a rut, or when I've lost my mojo, flicking through these pages will inspire me.


This one is again using the Tracy Scott Paints, plus 'Ocean' by Dina Wakley.
I used a Heidi Swapp Circle lattice stencil and my favourite stamp set by Tracy Scott #9 on here too. I then added some random doodling and a quote I love.


This one was again created  using Tracy Scott Paints and Tracy Scott #9 Stamp Set plus that gorgeous 7Dots Geometry Stencil, and a cool stencil #7 by AALL & CREATE.


For this one I used some Dina Wakley Paints plus some stamps and a stencil from my stash.

I added some doodling and the quote - I find the Fudeball pen draws amazingly over the paint and the mixed media.....I must get some more of these....I can't tell you how many pens I have wrecked over the years.  But this one is brilliant.


Here's another page using Tracy Scott paints plus 'Ocean', 'Lemon' and 'Magenta' by Dina Wakley.

I again used the Tracy Scott #9 stamps and the 7Dots Geometry Stencil.


This one again uses the Tracy Scott Paint Set (can you tell I adore the colours)! plus the 7Dots Geometry Stencil, and 7Dots Dots Stencil. I also stamped with 7Dots Dreamscapes Stamp.
I added some scribbly swirls to the roses using IrResistable Pico Embellisher in Black.  I love that this adds some dimension.


For this last one, I used Dylusions Paints in 'Fresh Lime', 'Squeezed Orange' and 'Bubblegum' and some white gesso.
I also used a stencil by Tim Holtz called 'Honeycomb'.

I really love the quote on this one. Lots of doodling.

So that's it for Round 1!
Round 2 is coming soon! (Told you I was addicted!) Ha ha

I'm learning lots as I go, and I'm loving the small area - I can get 2-3 done at one time.  I also love that it's experimental. It's going to become a great little place for me to try out ideas before I add it to a large 12x12 paper.

xxxx


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow these look amazing, love the colors and all the details.. well done.. I havent really gotten into art journalling, but I would like to!

    ReplyDelete